Crispy oven potatoes – The wedge-shape
Half the world is hot on potatoes. Well, for sure, at least our world here in Germany. The Germans are crazy about potatoes. Hardly any one, whether young or old, disdains or rejects it totally. Only in the way of preparation, are the ghosts, but otherwise, all are agreed that potatoes are an integral part of our dining plan.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
In the front of the I am self, I love potatoes above all. In all the variations. I've been 😉 mentioned . I especially love the baked potato oven in the variants-French fries, oven Wedges, oven-cubes or as you like it also always chopping. And out of the oven is one Geschnibbelt for me, for ALL of the most DELICIOUS and simplest Form, to prepare potatoes. Add to that crispy baked potato as a side dish to almost every meal are suitable. The cut version really doesn't matter. According to the Motto any way he likes, everything is possible. Halved, quartered, diced or cut into sticks, with shell or without.
THERE ARE INCREDIBLY MANY VARIETIES OF POTATO
If you ever thought, how many potato varieties there are actually, in the world? The Figures vary between 2000 to nearly 3000 different varieties of potato. And the all taste different and are depending on the consistency, strength and density of different can be used.
WHAT ARE THE VARIETIES OF POTATO I LIKE POTATOES FOR MY CRISPY OVEN
For my crispy oven potatoes I prefer to use the varieties to work with Alliance, and Annabelle. Both are waxy and therefore, good for the oven Crispy potato version suitable. But you can of course also other varieties to use, the main thing is that the variety is waxy. I've decided for this post deliberately for the shape of the peeled and quartered variant. Cut into sticks, so the oven chips variant, has already been presented so often ;-).
Potato Fans will find, in addition to the crispy oven potatoes for a simple potato-a classic of mine, such as my homemade mashed potatoes with milk and Butter or my classic southern potato salad without Mayo.
Crispy Oven Baked Potatoes - The Wedge-Shape
- 800 g of waxy potatoes - peeled and geviertet
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TSP mild paprika powder
- 1 TSP salt
- The oven to 200 degrees convection preheat.
- First You peel the potatoes and cut them into Your desired shape.
- I, personally, have me this time and for this contribution to the peeled and quartered Form, so the Wedges variant, decided.
- The sliced potatoes give it to You directly in a bowl and mix them well with the olive oil, Paprika and salt. TIP: You can, as a Variation, also add 1-2 teaspoons of fresh, chopped rosemary under the potatoes, lift.
- After You hand out the potatoes on a baking paper lined sheet. Please make sure that you all are individually, and not on each other. Then you should about 30 minutes on the middle rack in the oven to bake or until they are lightly browned and are fork test, or taste-test ;-).IMPORTANT NOTE: Depending on the cut variant also alters the baking time, so not quite from the eyes.
- I wish You a good appetite!