Potato gratin with Kräuterfrischk—se and Emmental
Did I mention that I'm a big potato Fan 😉 ? YES? A number of times? In the world of potato side dishes, the potato gratin is PURE soul food for me. Hearty, savory, and nothing for sensitive calorie counter-phase.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
But not only the comforting, delicious taste of my potato heart beat faster, but also be beautiful appearance. In addition, the potato gratin is so insanely versatile and very fast. To fillet a varied Supplement, or Roast. As a main dish with a crisp green salad it is a poem – so we eat it often. With other ingredients to make a great potato casserole is supplemented immediately from it.
WHO WAS IT WHO INVENTED THE DELICIOUS GRATIN?
There are sure to be hundreds of potato gratin recipes. Each one is different. But who invented it? Created? Created? The French! THANK you for this! The French Gratin Dauphinois is the classic potato gratin – a kind of Ur-Gratin. My variant is based on, because I prepare it with very thin slices of potato, cream and spices, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
MY EASY POTATO GRATIN WITH HERB CREAM CHEESE AND EMMENTAL CHEESE
To the Original I made but small changes. I'll take cheese, French herbs, fresh and used, so not fatty cream. The French herb cream cheese complemented by the Provence-herb blend a special flavor Note. On top of that, come with me, also a classic, the knobs of Butter and cheese, almost always Emmental. So everything is double crispy.
The choice of the right potato types, of course, plays also at this court a great role. Best cooking are mainly fixed by the end of potatoes, such as, for example, the variety 'Laura'.
For potato Fans, I have next to my potato gratin with herb cream cheese and other side dishes-recipes on my Food Blog, such as my classic southern German potato salad without Mayonnaise, my crispy oven potatoes – The wedge-shape or my homemade mashed potatoes with milk and Butter.
Potato gratin with herb cream cheese and Emmental cheese
- 800 g medium-sized potatoes, very finely planed - predominantly waxy
- 200 ml cooking cream - 15% fat
- 100 g of the French herb cream cheese
- 100 g grated Emmental cheese - to taste
- 20 g Butter - in small pieces, bits and pieces
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 TSP white pepper
- 1/2 TSP nutmeg - freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees convection preheat.
- Peel the potatoes, rinse, and with the knife or a slicer into very thin slices.
- A shallow baking dish well with Butter, and the potatoes like roof tiles to arrange.
- In a round baking dish, such as my work You are the best of the outside to the inside. Layer test the potatoes with a spiral in the circle.In the case of rectangular shapes, I would start at the narrow side and series-like layering.
- Now You verrührst with a whisk cooking cream, herbal cream cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour over the potatoes. Add the grated Emmental cheese on top and distribute the butter flakes over it. In the oven at 180 degrees for 35-45 minutes to bake. When the cheese is brown, at best, towards the end of the baking foil on the baking dish and place.
- I wish You a good appetite!