Potato Hähnchen from the baking sheet Greek style
I'm not that old actually, and my perceived age is already somewhere else entirely. But when I think back to that summer on the island of Crete, I'm nostalgic and sentimental and wish I would be once again 18 years of age. I spent the summer vacation with my step mom for a long time on the island of Crete, in the case of your Greek friend, Maria, and their family.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
It is this magnificent ease is think back to that time I like so much. I became friends with Mary's daughter, who was my age and we both made each and every day, the island is "unsafe". The long, hot summer, enjoyed together with your Clique nights in Heraklion. Culinary I learned at the time that the Greeks love olive oil, Oregano and garlic, and these ingredients are an indispensable part of the traditional Greek cuisine.
THE GREEK CUISINE IS SIMPLE CLASS
The Greek Mama's have, like the Italians, at home in the kitchen and a sceptre in the Hand, so also Mary. We enjoyed every evening in their wonderful, traditional Greek cuisine and we girls and my step-mom went to her cook, of course, to the Hand. All three were quasi teaching girls 😉 . For me and my step-mom never forgotten Mary's was chicken Greek potatoes from the baking sheet. In your case, a whole chicken is decomposed itself. Of course, we have let us then give the recipe and cooked it countless times at home and here it is.
POTATO CHICKEN FROM THE BAKING SHEET IS SO EASY
I not only love the memories that I associate with the Greek potato chicken from the baking sheet but also its simplicity. Oven dishes are, for me, anyway unbeatable. Everything on a baking plate in the oven and finished the complete meal.
As already said, Maria has disassembled a whole chicken for that. I'll take the whole leg with the thigh and lower leg, which I then turn. But the can make You of course as You want.
ANOTHER TIP FOR GARLIC LOVERS
One thing I have changed, however, to Mary's recipe, inspired by the recipe of a friend. Namely, unpeeled cloves of garlic with give on the baking sheet and cook in the oven. Just a delicious for all garlic lovers. Because each of the not want to, but you have to can remove the garlic clove from the peel and eat. I think that is incredibly delicious and could put me in there. Funny thing is, probably, due to the long cooking time, the garlic odor the next day, not so bad 😉 .
I have also yet another delicious chicken dish, namely my garlic chicken thighs from the baking sheet. For Fans of the Greek cuisine, I can still get my Greek Tzatziki, my Bifteki – stuffed meatballs with sheep's cheese and my easy Turkey Gyros-pan recommend.
Potato chicken from the baking sheet Greek style
FOR THE SHEET METAL
- 6 pieces chicken legs (with thigh and lower leg) - approx. 1500 grams, like Bio
- 750 g potatoes, small / triplets - washed
- 3 garlic tubers - in toes disassembled, unpeeled
- 10 g Oregano, fresh - all branches
FOR THE MARINADE
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 ml lemon juice - freshly squeezed, about 5 lemons
- 1 1/2 TSP Oregano, dried spice
- 1 TSP salt
- Black pepper - to taste
- As the first heats Your oven to 220 degrees top/bottom heat on.
- Then Your chicken thighs in the thigh and lower leg parts.
- Now verrührst You all the ingredients of the Marinade or sauce, that is to say the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, Oregano (dry seasoning), salt and pepper to taste.
- The half of the Marinade to pour You over Your chicken pieces and leave for about 30 minutes covered pull through.
- In the meantime, You can have the potatoes washed, if necessary with the brush, clean brushes , as well as the garlic cloves from the tubers solve.
- Now You put the chicken on a deep baking sheet and pour the remaining Marinade from the bowl over it.
- Now You hand out the small potatoes and the unpeeled garlic cloves and the Oregano sprigs in the gaps, and pour the second half of the Marinade evenly over all the ingredients.
- The baking sheet on the middle shelf in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes. I wish you a good appetite!