Salt fry – a Simple roast pork in the salt bed
Also a relic from days past. The Sunday Roasts. I've become so large and there are many memories of many Sunday meetings with my grandma, I connect with it. I found the Sunday roast for many years as a costly and therefore ignored. To my step-mom with the "salt bed" theme started and so my version of the salt a pork roast in the salt bed with garlic and thyme roast.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
A Sunday roast-variant, You have to take care of You in any way. You don't need to give him a brush, marvel, mothering, or anything else 😉 . Only in the oven in front of hinschmurgeln can. The only challenge is to have a meat thermometer and check the core temperature. The password hint should be mentioned at this point of time, You have the Roast in the salt bed per 1 kg of meat for a good hour Bratentzeit expect. You should absolutely make the effort to the core temperature to be measured according to the expiry time. In my case it was for 1 kg of meat after an hour. The core temperature of the salt-roast is in the order of 75 degrees (always in the center, measure). At the end, but only that the Roast is by how it tastes to You. My men and I like him very much.
MY SALT ROAST – THE THING WITH THE SEASON
The spiciness of the pork roast in a salt bed, of course, from the salt, but in my case, also the mustard with which he rubbed is. But also the garlic and the thyme plating him with a slight Aroma. The thyme fragrance that spreads during the roasting time in the apartment, leaving me always in the run-up to the mouth watering. A true Sunday roast just 😉
THE SIMPLE THING WITH THE SALT BED
You need for Your salt bed, 1.5 kg of salt, and Your baking sheet is nice and high enough covered. The amount is always the same regardless of the size of Your pork roast. So also in the case of a 3kg heavy pig roast, You only need this amount of salt. 500 grams of salt nowadays is not even expensive, not to say cheap. If you consider that I don't know how much a hundred years, battles were conducted by a few bags of salt. The salt sucks by the way, any fat and binds to it. And because everything is on the back of the paper, have You no work to rinsing a roasting pan or a baking sheet. You only need to remove the baking paper with the salt. Really handy this Sunday roast.
Salt roast with garlic and thyme so much is suitable as a side dish. You can to this Sunday roast my classic southern potato salad to serve with a separate sauce from meat in the rear, then fit classic potatoes, or my homemade mashed potatoes with milk and Butter is still excellent.
Salt roasting - a Simple roast pork in the salt bed
- 1 kg pork neck boneless roast or pork loin roast without the bone - from the butcher of Your trust
- 1,5 kg, saline - 3 pack
- 6-7 cloves of garlic - peeled, or more to taste
- 10 g of thyme, fresh
- Mustard according to choice - for example, medium spicy, extra spicy or Dijon mustard
- First of all, the oven on 180 degrees top/bottom heat heating.
- The Roast, wash and Pat dry.
- Then brush the Roast with a number of Mustard varieties thin on all sides.
- Now You place a baking paper on a baking sheet, spread the salt on it and put the peeled whole garlic cloves in the middle, where You Roast, place will.
- Then You put the Roast on the garlic cloves and drapierst Your fresh thyme around it.
- Now comes the Roast on the middle shelf in the preheated oven for a good hour (about 65 minutes).The indicative value is a good 1 hour per pound of meat. The Roast is ready and still nice and juicy, when the core temperature of Your roast to the 75 degrees has reached, or the Roast so by is how he tastes.
- I wish you a good appetite!